In this episode, you’ll hear us talk about:
- Being in business together: Partnering up in work AND life can be tricky, especially when there are different personality types at play. Liz shares about how to share a vision and accept support from your spouse, all in the same breath.
“Working with your spouse is a cocktail of brilliance and humility.”
- Conflict management: What to do when both partners are “escalators” and learning to trust the other person as a way to find freedom from fighting.
- Big ideas: How to deal when a strong-willed woman who always bursts into the room with a big idea. Jessie and Liz come to grips with all of the ways that they are like Kramer from Seinfeld, and they recognize that it’s helpful to set up a pattern for approaching these moments with grace.
- Humility: What it’s like to make business mistakes in front of your main squeeze. Witnessing each other in the work place certainly takes your relationship to the next level.
- Stress therapy: Every modern woman can take care of this with a set of power tools.
“My greatest joy in life is to be Ben’s partner. Even when I mess up, at least I can say I’m all-in and he knows I’m not going anywhere.”
- Sidekick Strategy: Being your partner’s biggest fan and letting them know you feel that way regularly. Make sure they know that there is no one else in the world you’d rather stand beside.
- Cultivating grace: How to stick it out when Great Love feels hard to find.
“ My job is to help him become more of the man that God created him to be -- And I love being that person for him because I watch the way he approaches our marriage, and I know it goes both ways.”
Find out more about Liz at @lizbohannon + ssekodesigns.com.