Monica Swanson and Jessie Pepper chat about everything from grappling with your weight to being a mom to four handsome little grommets.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Getting a rough start. Living with God’s grace to get you through the reality of past relationships. The tough parts make you grateful for the really good parts, and being able to share your story with others can be such an impactful way to encourage couples that you care about.
- Being a mom to four boys. Keeping energy focused on your marriage, and trying to be gracious when conflicts around parenting begin to sneak into the equation. Knowing that you are not the center of your world can be a big help in getting through this challenge.
- Balancing work-life and wife-life. When you love your job, it can be tempting to make decisions that prioritize one over the other. It’s important to try and find a rhythm, and remember that setting boundaries will bless and respect both people.
- Fighting in front of your family. Is it better to keep your conflict behind closed doors or to let your kids learn from your errors? Picking up on ways that you see others stumble can be one way to become better within your own relationships. Journaling also helps as a way to get your thoughts out -- either to keep them private or to hand over to your partner as a healthy form of communication.
- Talking and listening. Knowing your partner’s very specific style here is the key!
- Body Image. Learning to love yourself can take a huge amount of bravery and personal growth. If your partner has a hard time understanding how you view yourself, it can cause dissention among the ranks. Sharing your heart with each other certainly helps, and seeking support from your spouse will let them know how important the journey really is. Grab Monica’s book called The Secret of Your Naturally Skinny Friends to learn more about how she tackled this issue in her own life.
Monica says: “Great Love looks like support for one another right where we’re at - through good times and bad times and hard times, we DO hold each other to high standards, but I know we’ve always got each other’s back.”
Find out more about Monica by connecting with her online!
Insta: @thegrommom + @healthyhappyandfree